Monday, September 30, 2013

Continuing the High School Trend

Day 4. September 30th: Shannon and Susan Pruitt

I've decided to continue the high school trend and talk about another couple that had a huge impact on my life in high school. Shannon and Susan Pruitt were youth pastors at Hector First Assembly. When I was in high school, my sister, brother, and I decided to start going to their youth services. I had been raised in church but it wasn't until I started attending Pastor Shannon's services that I really started realizing that being a Christian was about having a relationship with Christ, not just "works." It was actually during a revival with Shannon preaching that I decided to fully commit myself to Jesus. That night changed my life forever, in the best way possible. I have a lot of great memories involving church activities and youth services, all with Shannon and Susan at the helm. They are now missionaries in Ecuador. They continue to live out their faith and are role models for so many people! I recently ran into them on the square in Fayetteville and I so wish I would have told them what a big impact they have made on my life. I am so thankful that we attended Hector First Assembly in High School and that the Pruitt family was there to help guide my first steps with Jesus. Thank you Shannon and Susan, for profoundly impacting my life these first 30 years. My relationship with Jesus is most important in my life and you guys definitely help build that foundation. I love you guys!

Check out their blog sometime if you get a chance:  http://pruittspages.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment