Monday, September 23, 2013

Why the Name?

Good morning blog world! So, I must start off this blog by saying, it's been awhile! I haven't blogged consistently since I moved back from Chicago which was 4, yes 4, years ago. I cannot believe it has been so long since I moved. I love to write but I do not have a lot of time to write and to be honest, haven't had a lot of inspiration on what to write about. I definitely don't want to waste people's time writing a boring mantra about my life, so it's been a long time of thinking about what to write and when to write it.  So here goes an attempt to chronicle my life...please feel free to never read it again!

The title of this post, Why the Name?, is referring to my blog title: The New 30. Yes, yes, I am about to hit the big 3-0 and I still can't believe it. That seems so old (sorry my 30ish friends)! No, I'm not going to have a crisis about it, mainly because I don't have time to, but it is weird and crazy to think that I am a certified, never "young" again woman. I am determined to make the best of my 30th year. I am determined to live this decade as I have never lived before. I am determined to choose life and love in every situation I encounter, whether it be in the midst of dirty diapers and cooking dinner, or in the drive-thru line at Starbucks, or even while driving in Fayetteville traffic. I am determined that 30 isn't the new 20 but in fact, 30 is the new me.

Oh, and I have decided to try and do a 30 days before 30 activity. No idea what it will involve yet but I am excited to embark on a fun journey...after all, I gotta live up these last few days of being in my 20s!

God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment