Monday, October 28, 2013

Being a Mom

Day 28. Isabel Grace Nichols


I still cannot believe sometimes that I am a mom. I am not just a mom, I am a mom to the greatest kid on earth. Izzy is now 14 months old and is literally the best little toddler in this world. She has turned our worlds upside down and I am daily amazed at how fierce my love is for this little one.

Isabel is a joy to be around. I know that I am a little biased because she is my kid, but Izzy is just the sweetest, funniest, most likable kid around. She has never met a stranger and will go to almost anyone that wants to hold her. As she has started to develop her own little personality, we have found that she is hilariously funny and rarely, if ever, in a bad mood. I guess she gets those traits from her dad.

My life will never, ever be the same. Before she was born, I had some major fears. I feared that I wouldn't know how to be a mom. I feared that she wouldn't like me. I feared that I would drop her. Silly fears (okay so maybe I did drop her once but she was fine...that's okay, right?). No, I'm not a perfect mom but I'm learning that the most important things I can do for Izzy is to love her and teach her to love Jesus. I'm learning that just getting down in the floor with her and playing, giving her big hugs and kisses, and telling her I love her (about a million times a day) are much more important than buying her new toys or teaching her sign language. I struggle sometimes with working full-time, but I know that this is a season in our lives and that we are doing the best we can for her, and to always make the most of my time with her.

I can only imagine what our life will hold for the next 18 years. Time is flying and there has been more than one time I have looked at her beautiful face and asked for time to stand still just for a second. I see her growing up very day and although it's fun to see her grow, it also reminds me every day that before long she won't want to cuddle in the mornings or she won't love playing in my makeup or I won't be strapping her in the car seat anymore. It's the little things that we enjoy the most about our kids and some of my most favorite memories come in the most normal, every day moments.

My life will never be the same since becoming a mom. I absolutely love it and am so blessed to be the mom of Isabel Grace. I hope that these next thirty years will prove to have millions of little everyday moments and lots of love and laughter. I hope I can teach her to love Jesus and love others. Izzy has taught me so much and influenced me in ways on other person could ever do. She is one of the best things to ever happen to me.

Isabel Grace Nichols, you have influenced mommy and changed me forever. Thank you for being one of the thirty most influential people in my first thirty years!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment