Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Family

Day 5: October 2nd Kyleigh McConnell

What would I do without my family? I am so blessed to have a really awesome family, and this includes my oldest niece, Kyleigh Brooke McConnell. She is such a great, fun, sweet kid. I'll never forget the day I found out I was to be an aunt. That was one of my most favorite memories ever. When I held that little (really little) red-headed bundle in my arms for the first time, I couldn't believe how much I already loved her. Now, don't get me wrong, she's about as stubborn as they come (I guess that's why she's named after me) but I wouldn't trade her for the world. I have some pretty good stories of neither of us giving any ground and becoming very frustrated with each other (yes me as an adult and her a toddler). But one thing I have learned from her is a little bit of patience can go along way!

She is so smart and the best big sister in the world. I really enjoying watching her grow up. I don't get to see her near as often as I'd like, but when do, I'm amazed at how much she has grown up over the past couple years. I know being a second grader is hard, but she handles it with such grace and joy. I am so very thankful that Kyleigh Brooke made me an aunt 8 years ago and I love her more now than I did then. You are definitely one of my favorite people on this earth and I can't wait to see you grow up into a beautiful, confident young woman. I'm always here for ya, kid. Thanks for being so awesome and being one of the most impactful people in my first 30 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment