Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The In-Laws


Day 23: Tony, Jean, Jessica, and Sarah.

The In-Laws. Like I mentioned in a previous post, I've got some pretty great in-laws. In fact, I've written about both of my sibling's spouses. Today, I am dedicated my blog to my husband's family. The Nichols crew.

Everyone that knows the Nichols family knows how wonderful they are. Most people would say they are a fun loving crew. People would describe the Nichols family as also being loving and generous. I met the Nichols family in 3rd grade. Jessica and Jeremy were twins like me so I was immediately intrigued by them. I soon became friends with both. Sarah was a wee one then, so I didn't really know her right away. Hector is a small town, so you pretty much know everyone. The Nichols household was always welcome to anyone and everyone. Like I said, they have always been known as fun loving, but also generous. I think that's what attracted me to Jeremy all these years. He really is the most generous guy I've ever met and he's pretty fun (although his age is starting to catch up to him lol). He definitely gets it from his parents. Jean is pretty incredible. From the first moment I dated him, she has always made me feel like part of the family. I've been blessed to have a supportive, loving, and encouraging mom-in-law! 

Jeremy is a lot like his father. Tony is pretty incredible himself. Tony and I can sit for hours and talk about football. I enjoy watching it with him a lot more than I do watching it with Jeremy! Jeremy and I owe so much gratitude to Tony. He's been incredibly generous to us over the past few years and he's practically our go-to baby sitter! Izzy absolutely adores her Papa Tony! She gets the biggest grin on her face and runs to him every time she sees him.

Jess and Sarah are also pretty great. Jessica was always one of my best friends growing up and I'm thankful to have her as a friend and a sister-in-law now. Sarah is wonderful. She's funny, joyful, and one of the kindest people I have ever met. She would never hurt a fly and has always, always treated me like family. Oh, and I can't forget about my nephew and niece Nate and Emma. Incredible wouldn't begin to describe them. Nate is the most fun, happy, and sweet kid around. Emma is HILIARIOUS! They definitely have the Nichols genes! Love them!

All in all, I'd say I have a pretty incredible family. I'd say I'm also incredibly blessed. Jeremy is a strong, patient, loving, and generous guy and I know he got all of these qualities from his parents. His parents and siblings definitely helped shaped into the guy he is today.

I am so thankful for such loving in-laws. I am thankful that they have always treated me like part of the family and that they love and adore Isabel. Tony, Jean, Jessica, and Sarah have definitely been a huge influence on my life. Without them, I wouldn't be married to a handsome, loving guy and I wouldn't have a beautiful baby girl. Thanks, Nichols family, for being some of the most influential people in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment