Monday, October 14, 2013

Monday blues

Okay. I didn't make it. I was unable to write a second post yesterday, I was overly ambitious and just didn't have the time (well, I did go to bed at 8:30...so maybe if I could have stayed awake long enough!).

Before I talk about my day 15 person, I must say it definitely feels like a Monday. It's rainy outside, I'm having trouble staying focused, and I'm missing my girl today. The week has just begun! Maybe I'm just already ready for the weekend. Why (apart from the obvious)? Well, let's just say one of my favorite people is coming to visit this weekend!  I'm dedicating this day to her because I am sooo looking forward to it!

Day 15: Amy Jo Allison

Amy Jo Allison. Such a wonderful friend. One of my best friends, in fact. She's stood the test of time (through college and post-college at least) and I can honestly say I am the blessed one in our friendship. We met each other my first year at UA...we lived on the same floor in the same dorm, in fact we were right down the hall from each other. God knew exactly what I needed when I moved to Fayetteville, AR. Amy Allison. See, I knew no one when I moved and was a little nervous to meet new people and seek friends. I had grown up being taught from my parents that I should seek friends that had the same values as I, not just the same interests. And, I found that in Amy. God had put me not only in the girls' athletic dorm (there were volleyball, soccer, and golf players on my floor) but also on the same floor with someone who loved the Lord. Amy loves the Lord more than most people I have ever met. From the moment I met her, I knew she loved Jesus by her actions and her words. We became friends without effort and we've been friends ever since.

Amy always puts others before her. I've seen her help others at the expense of herself so many times! She is also amazingly creative and smart. Amy worked hard in school and now is a physical therapist. She travels around the US, working at different places like Houston, Hollywood, Tulsa, and Florida. During these times, I know she has impacted so many people's lives. Like I mentioned, Amy is very creative- she did all my wedding invitations and even made a one-year board for Izzy for her birthday (all for free because she is just that awesome)!

From living down the hall from each other when we were 19 to living together briefly (while she was finishing up her PT degree) when I was 26, Amy and I are super close. I am so thankful for friends like her that I feel like I can talk to about everything and anything. I am so thankful for God putting her in my life when I needed a strong Christian friend the most! Without her, I know my experience at UA could have been drastically different.

Right now, Amy lives in Tulsa (so close!) but I beg her often to move back to Fayetteville. I haven't given up hope yet! Thank you Amy Jo Allison for being such an amazing friend to me these past ten years. I can't believe it's been that long! Thank you for being an example of Christ to so many people, including me. Thank you for all that you have done for me over these past few years!

Amy Allison is without doubt one of the most influential people in my life!






No comments:

Post a Comment