Thursday, October 3, 2013

Tired tonight

Day 6: Leanne Emerson

I'm tired tonight. Exhausted actually. Being a working mom is tough stuff, that's for sure. I've only been at this thing for 13 months but I sure am tired. Which brings me to day 6 of my 30 day journey of thanking the 30 people who've impacted my life the most. Because of how I'm feeling, I'm dedicating today's post to a super mom. This super mom also happens to be my sister, Leanne Emerson.

As you may have read yesterday, Leanne has an 7 year old, Kyleigh, a 5 yr old, Emma Grace, and a baby boy, Ryker. I honestly don't know how she's done it over these past 7 1/2 years. First off, I have RARELY IF EVER, heard her complain about being a mom and working full time. In fact, i told her a few months into me going back to work that she didn't prepare me...she actually at times made it look easy. She is one of the best moms I know. She manages to love her kids well, keep a spotless (yeah her house is so clean it drives me nuts), love her husband well, and I'm pretty sure she manages to cook dinner every night. I'm not sure how she does it!

I will admit that I admire her more everyday, especially as I've gotten older. Not only for being such an awesome mom but also because she is one of the strongest women I've ever met. Leanne has been through a lot over these past few years, but she has just gotten stronger. She has shown me what to do in the face of extreme adversity: turn to Jesus. I saw my sister go through some crap that she definitely didn't deserve and she didn't fall, she didn't break down, she didn't lay down and give up. Now did she struggle at times? Sure. But she never wavered in her faith, instead she grew stronger in her faith and was a true example of strength to so many, including me.

My sister is better than yours! Ha! I have countless memories, tears shared, laughter shared, angry (usually me) words shared, secrets shared...life shared. There is nothing like a sister. She is truly one of my role models and definitely one of my best friends. Thanks for always being there sis. Thanks for always  being willing to give a helping hand. There are very few people in this life as kind, sweet, and loving as you. I am so, so thankful that God chose you to be my sister. I am so very thankful that you are my friend, too. You, Leanne Emerson, are definitely one of the 30 most impactful people that have been in my life these past 30 years. Here's to 30, or 40, or 50...more years. Love you big sis!

No comments:

Post a Comment