Sunday, October 20, 2013

Two in One

Day 20 & 21: Ramsey and Ramey Emerson

Okay, so I am cheating a little today but I decided since my 20th and 21st people are brothers...twin brothers at that...I might as well write about them on the same day.

The Emerson boys.  I love these two guys. They might be twins but they are quite different from each other. And, although they've both been extremely influential in my life, it's in very different ways that they've influence it.

Ramsey Emerson. One of the kindest, most dependable guys I have ever met. I met the Emerson boys when they moved to Hector in the 9th grade. I instantly became friends with both guys but over the next few years and even into college, I became very, very good friends with Ramsey. Ramsey went to school at the University of Arkansas with me and I spent more time with him and his guy friends than I did most of my girl friends. He is the kind of guy, even to this day, that would drop anything to help a friend out. He has driven to Branson while I worked at camp to hang out with me; came and cheered me on when I played intramural basketball; drove me bananas while playing ping pong and cards; and always had a kind word to say to and about me to all of our friends. A few years ago, he married Aubrey. Aubrey is pretty amazing herself and they are such an awesome couple. They now live outside of Bentonville and are two of my very dear friends.

Ramey. Oh Ramey. We can butt heads with the best of 'em. Nevertheless, there are few men I can say have impacted me as much as this guy. Mainly because of the person he has been to some of the most important people in my life. First off, he is my husband's best friend. They have been best buds since he moved to Hector, and have been through some good times, some bad times, and some crazy times! He is also one of the most dependable guys around. Secondly, and most importantly, he is married to my sister. I cannot even begin to tell the world how amazing he is to my sister. She has been through a lot, a whole lot, and he has been the best thing for her. He loves her, cares for her, treats her like gold, and leads her. She deserved a great, Godly man and thankfully, she got it! Ramey not only loves my sister, but he also loves my nieces and nephew. Although Kyleigh and Emma are only his "step children" he loves them all the same. Yes, the girls can be tough to handle at times...but they know without a shadow of a doubt that Ramey loves them and is always going to take care of them. Plus, he is such a great daddy to my nephew Ryker.

Ramsey and Ramey are some of the best around. I am so thankful that they moved to Hector when they did. The Emersons are family. Not just Ramey, but Ramsey and Aubrey too. I am thankful for both of their friendships with me, with Jeremy, and even with my brother (Ramsey and Brandon are best buds). The world is a better place with these two guys in it and I am blessed to call them two of the most influential people in my 30 years of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment