Monday, October 28, 2013

My Love

Day 29. William Jeremiah Nichols

No blog would be complete without talking about how much my love has influenced me. I've known Jeremy for almost twenty one years. A lot of people have asked if we are high school sweethearts and I say no, we are 3rd grade sweethearts! Yes, we met in 3rd grade when I still loved tweety bird and chasing cats up the wood piles. Jeremy says that's when he first knew he loved me. He showed me by buying me a tweety shirt and necklace. That's when I first knew I didn't have time for boyfriends! :)

I could never, ever say enough about this man who chose to love me. He is the sweetest, kindest, and most generous man I have ever met. Now, I did not date a lot growing up or even in college. I think it was because my dad and brother were so amazing that I couldn't really find a guy that was as amazing as them. Well, I found it and more. Jeremy is the best guy I have ever met. I think sometimes it's crazy to say that after living with someone and seeing them at their best and worst but I can say that without any hesitation, he truly is the best man I have ever known.

Jeremy and I have so many memories of growing up. Memories of him paying Michael Newport to breakup with me (I was worth a mere dollar then), memories of going to prom together, walking down football homecoming court together (our first kiss-on the cheek-was on the Hector football field in front of hundreds of people!), Jeremy telling the whole English class that his goal in life was to "Marry Shasta Cole" (I was so embarrassed at the time!), our first date when we were 18 (he took me almost everywhere he could in Russellville...I don't think he wanted the date to end), the fateful email he sent me while I was living in Chicago, and our first date (as adults) that would determine the rest of our lives...

I am so thankful, blessed, and proud to call Jeremy my husband. He has to be a great guy to put up with me day in and day out. He is also the best dad I've ever known. His love for Isabel shows through his actions, words, and even the way Izzy smiles when he comes home from work after a long day. My life would be incomplete without him. He loves Jesus and shows it with his actions. I've never met anyone that loves people more than Jeremy does. He has shown me what grace, mercy, and forgiveness looks like. He often reminds me of what "Jesus would do" in the small moments. Like the way he treats a waiter or the way he speaks to a child, the way he greets a complete stranger, or just in the way he shows me grace when I'm being my worst. Jeremy embodies the characteristics that Jesus calls us all to have.

Now, I would be lying to say that Jeremy is perfect, but he is perfect for me. God truly put us together and has woven our lives together in the most awesome way. Our love story is one that is just beginning and I cannot wait to see what the next thirty years will hold. I'm sure it'll hold more children, more blessings, a few more tears, and a lot more laughter. I know that as long as Jesus is at the forefront of our marriage, we'll make it through anything.

Jeremy is the most influential person in my life. He is the best thing (other than Jesus) that has ever happened to me. He has taught me how to be a better person just by loving me. I am so thankful to call him my husband, my baby daddy, my best friend, and my spiritual leader.

Thanks, Jeremy, for being the best husband a woman could ask for. Thanks for loving me through everything. And thanks for being such an influence in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment