Thursday, October 10, 2013

In-Laws

Day 12: Bethany Cole

Since I talked about my brother's eldest child yesterday, I figured I might as well talk about his beautiful wife, Bethany, today!

In-laws...does this conjure up negative feelings when you hear this word? I know some people have disdain for some (or all) of their in-laws. Not me! I am blessed to have some pretty great in-laws. From Jeremy's side of the family (2 wonderful sister in-laws and a great mom/dad in-law)  to my side (Bethany and Ramey), I am very blessed. Especially because of Bethany.

I can't even begin to explain how wonderful this woman of God is. It brings tears to my eyes to think of just how much she means to me and has influenced my life. Her and Brandon have been married for 7 years. This is the first way that she has influenced my life. She loves my brother well. It is no secret that Brandon and I are super close and I am so, so thankful that he has an encouraging, loving, and supportive wife by his side. I have rarely, if ever, seen them fight and they just get along so well...probably because they both are really, really weird. :)

When I first moved back to Arkansas, I really did not want to move back to Hector. Although I  have great parents that would have welcomed me into their home, I wanted to live in Northwest Arkansas. But, I didn't have any money to live on my own. My brother and Bethany opened up their home to me. I'm sure it must have been hard to let someone live in their home with them, but they never complained (ok maybe they griped about my dog a few times) and they definitely loved on me while I was there. I know I'm not the easiest person to live with at times (Jeremy can attest to that!) but they were so great to me while I lived there. I also learned so much about marriage (I was dating Jeremy at the time) from watching and living with them. There were so many times when I saw grace extended to my brother (love him but he is also not the easiest to live with at times!) and always warm, loving attitudes towards each other, no matter the situation. She also extended to me mercy in situations that I definitely didn't deserve it (remember when Gracie chewed the AC cords up TWICE in one day???).

Another way Bethany has influenced me is in her faith. Bethany loves Jesus. It's evident in how she treats her husband, her children, her family, her friends, and even complete strangers. She often encourages me in my faith walk as well! When I think of Bethany, I think of Proverbs 31- "she is clothed with strength and dignity, she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue...charm is deceptive and beauty fleeting, but a woman who fears The Lord is to be praised."

Thank you Bethany, for being such an amazing sister-in-law to me. Thank you showing me through your actions and words how to love Jesus and others. Thank you for being an example to so many people. Thank you for always making me laugh with your random and weird humor!

 She has influenced my life in so many ways and Bethany is definitely one of the people who've influenced my life the most these first 30 years.







No comments:

Post a Comment