Friday, October 25, 2013

Twins

Day 27. My bub. My friend. My twin. Brandon Cole.

I've know Brandon longer than anyone. I mean, we did spend almost ten months in the womb together, so...over 30 years now.

My brother is about as perfect as they come. It's quite annoying actually. He's tall, dark, and handsome. He's also funny, smart, athletic, and kind. He loves Jesus and loves his family. He's  one of the best dads, husbands, and even coaches in this world. He can hoop better than most, bowl the perfect strike, and beat almost anyone in a game of ping pong. Like I said, almost perfect. Oh, but I can still beat him up...or at least NEVER say mercy when he is bending my fingers back to the point of tears. You just think I'm kidding...

He's also the best brother I could ever ask for. He's always been my biggest fan, supporting and cheering me on in everything I've done. He's loved me even when I wasn't at my most lovable and I know he loves Jeremy and Izzy as well. I truly think of him as one my best friends in this world.

Brandon often calls me and quotes scriptures or gives me an "assignment" to encourage me in my faith. He loves Jesus so, so very much and isn't afraid to tell any and every one. I've always admired his boldness in his faith. I've always admired his strong faith, even when we were kids. I lived with him and Bethany briefly after I moved back from Chicago and truly saw him live his faith out day by day, hour by hour. I felt like Brandon didn't even blink when he told me that I could live with him while I looked for a stable job. And I actually loved living with them. They always treated me like I belonged and I just loved, loved being around them all the time. Brandon was also very patient with my Gracie as she tore up the house and the backyard...multiple times!

I'm not sure I could do this life without my brother. I'm so thankful to call him my  twin, my brother, and my friend. I'm so thankful for the millions of memories we have together. Memories of being just a wee one and playing cowboys and Indians (if you wanna see Brandon cry, check out the video), memories of jumping on the hay bales in the barn behind our house, memories of playing basketball and baseball together in the backyard, memories of hugging Brandon before his regional tourney game after I had a wreck and he was so worried about me he wouldn't play until he knew I was okay, memories of watching him win the championship game in the NAIA, memories of watching him hold his firstborn in his arms, memories of laughing and crying with him at my wedding (the best officiating of a wedding EVER), and memories of first showing him my beautiful daughter.

Thank you Jesus for choosing me to be Brandon's twin. He is the best brother a girl could ever ask for. We haven't always gotten along and I definitely haven't always been the best sister, but I can always call him for any and everything. I can always count him for an encouraging word, a big hug, or a funny joke.

Brandon is by far one of the most influential people in my life. He has influenced me in so many different ways, but no more than by his faith. I hope he knows how important he is to my little family. I hope some day I can be as good of a sister to him as he has always been to me.

I love you bub!





No comments:

Post a Comment